S A R E N
At the top left is an early concept for Saren, depicting him as an older, physically weaker character who still possesses incredibly powerful biotics. The concepts on the right are brainstormed images exploring different aspects of Saren’s head, experimenting with structure, scarring, and decorations. We ultimately decided that, unlike most turians, Saren would not have tattoos. We went with a distinctive crest and visible Reaper machinery to reflect his indoctrination.
These designs explored different different directions for Saren’s armor. We eventually decided to show signs of severe indoctrination and Reaper cybernetics by giving him a mechanical arm.
We tried several concepts for Saren’s head. His final appearance was kept similar to other turians, allowing him to blend in to society rather than be an obvious monstrosity.
TIGERS ARE ON RED ALERT
The Sumatran Tiger is said to be extinct by 2015, with fewer than 300-400 left in the wild due to large-scale habitat loss, poaching, hunting and human-tiger conflict. Other subspecies are said to follow.
Stop the Tiger Poachers
Save Tigers Now
Protect Tigers from Poachers and Help Stop War on Wildlife
Donate to Save Tigers
Donate to Help Save the Tiger
Make a Donation - Save China’s Tigers
Donate to Tiger Conservation
Name a Wild Tiger
WWF Tiger Appeal
Sumatran Tiger Conservation
Bengal Tiger Conservation Donations
Save the Malayan Tiger
Malayan Tiger Conservation
Adopt a Tiger
Tigers in Crisis - Adopt a Tiger
Adopt Roque the Tiger
Adopt a Tiger Today
Adopt a Wild Tiger from Indonesia
Adopt a Tiger - Zhorik
Tiger Adoption - Save China’s Tigers
Adopt a Wild Tiger
Stop Tiger Poaching in India
Save the Tiger
Save the Sumatran Tiger
Save the Tigers
Save the Indian Tiger
Save the Sumatran Tiger
Stop Pushing Sumatran Tiger Toward Extinction
Save the Sumatran Tigers from Extinction
Protect Siberian Tiger Habitat
Act Now to Save India’s Tiger
Save the Sumatran Tiger
Save the Tiger
Stop Poaching Tigers
Close Down China’s Tiger Farms
Save the Siberian Tiger
Prevent Siberian Tiger Extinction
Save Endangered Siberian Tigers from Extinction
Illegal Tiger Trade must End
Preserve the Bengal Tiger of India
Save the Malayan Tiger from Extinction
Save Malayan Tiger by Stopping Logging
THIS IS NOT OK. :(
IMPORTANT SIGNAL BOOST PLEASE
WHAT THE FUCK
WELL FUCK EVERYTHING!
I WORKED FOR AN NGO THAT WAS TRYING TO SAVE TIGERS FOR ABOUT HALF A YEAR, PEOPLE ON THE STREETS SPIT AT ME AND THREATENED ME (WHICH IS NOT THE POINT) BUT YOU LISTEN UP:
- THERE ARE ONLY 3.200 WILD TIGERS LEFT ON THE ENTIRE WORLD
- 97% OF THEIR HABITAT HAS BEEN BURNED DOWN OR REMOVED OTHERWISE
- 3 OUT OF 9 TIGER-SUBSPECIES HAVE ALREADY DIED OUT
- THE SOUTH-CHINESE TIGER HASN’T BEEN SIGHTED IN OVER 30 YEARS
- THEY ARE SKINNED ALIVE (AS ARE MOST ANIMALS) BC YOU CAN REMOVE THEIR FUR EASIER WHEN THEY ARE STILL BLEEDING
- NO EXCEPTIONS FOR CUBS
- SOME PEOPLE HUNT THEM BC THEY THING A TIGER PENIS MAKES THEM BETTER IN BED (I’M NOT KIDDING)
- EXPERTS CLAIM THAT IF THE KILLING GOES ON, TIGERS WILL BE ENTIRELY EXTINCT IN 2022
while this post is very serious about the dwindlin numbers of tigers & while i dont really question the credibility of the person above me workin at an NGO i can pretty much guarantee the whole ‘they are skinned alive’ thing is a load of bullshit- esp w the the (as are most animals) tacked on after it
skinning an animal alive leaves a shitty fuckin pelt thats not worth anything & who in the right fuckin mind has the cajones 2 fuckin skin a tiger alive (no one thatz who)
tigers are killed for their bones n pelts no doubt but spewin the whole animals are skinned alive is some PETA propaganda, so letz not try n spread that around on an otherwise very serious & legitimate post
please save the fuckin tigers before theyre all dead as hell. dont give anything to tiger petting schemes - they just breed tigers & fuckin abuse em. donate 2 legit breeding programs & charities.
My Favorite Mass Effect Moments, In No Particular Order
↳ Shepard’s Krogan Fanboy
Former Marine turned photographer Joel Parés’ series Judging America used real people dressed as stereotypes to remind us to not judge a person based on their tattoos, clothing, ethnicity, profession, or sexual orientation, but on their merits.
This perfectly summarizes why I love the Simpsons and hate Family Guy.
I watched that episode with my family and I could just feel how uncomfortable everyone was. Honestly, it was a really jarring, unpleasant episode.
Homer is a terrible dad. So is Peter. But Homer’s saving grace has always been that he tries—he’s bad at it and he fucks it up a lot, but he loves his family and he wants to be better than he is.
One of my favorite Homer moments is in “Diatribe of a Mad Housewife.” Tl;dr Marge writes a steamy romance novel starring herself and Ned, and when Homer finds out, he chases down Ned and, rather than attack him, asks him to teach him how to be a better husband.
There’s some part of his stupid self that wants to do better.
I never got that impression with Peter. Instead, the family has gotten more and more abusive towards Meg. It’s really unsettling for me when I started realizing that’s what happens sometimes in abusive families. Abusers sometimes single out one child to abuse, and quite often the other family members take the abuser’s side. After all, it’s easier to side with an abuser than to run the risk of becoming the target yourself.
There’s never really a point where it seems like Peter cares at all that his shitty behavior impacts his family. It actually seems to have gotten worse over the years. He expects everyone to clean up his messes because that’s always what happens; there’s really no reason for him not to be shitty.
And it’s easy to see how Meg is affected. She doesn’t have much of a character, really, because so much her screen time is devoted to being abused. The bits of character development all seem to hinge on her being this sad, neglected person who’s trying her best but never really gets any help from anyone. Quite the opposite; there have been a lot of episodes where her family sabotages any attempts to be herself.
It can be easy to forget how awful this behavior is when the only context is the show itself (frankly, everyone on Family Guy is kind of terrible). Seeing it played against the Simpsons, who are a flawed and dysfunctional but ultimately loving family, was painful to watch.
also let’s remember that the simpsons crew and showrunners really hate family guy so this episode was definitely something being pushed by the studio
Do not test Reza Aslan.
We must train and retain our ability to listen and process critically.
Nobody told me that @RezaAslan knew how to read.
(Not read as in books, but read as in reveal your scalp to the world.)
Because homie read Bill Maher, Don Lemon, Alisyn Camerota, Benjamin Netanyahu, and just about everyone else for points.
Hair all over the damn floor like it was a barbershop and nobody had a broom.
He got ALL his kee-kee’s in.
Transcription available here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/09/30/reza_aslan_mahers_facile_generalizations_of_islam_the_definition_of_bigotry.html
Broooooooooooooooooooooooooo this fucking dude picks them fucking aPART.
So, Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Peeps on Tumblr are freaking out over the romance options.
Peeps on Tumblr are freaking out over the character face customizer.
Peeps on Tumblr are basically freaking out over EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE PLOT.
<proceeds to bang head…
As incredibly important as it is to remember EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE AMAZING WOMEN’S NAMES. I have a bit of a bone to pick with the OP. In fact, I have a BIG ASS BONE to pick with OP. “Nancy Wake (one of the few white women on this list; of course you put her name on the graphic…)” Nancy Wake was a mix of many different cultures, yes she had Pakeha (European) in her, but she is also shares Maori blood as well. Nancy is the descendant of a Maori maiden named Pourewa. A woman who was the first of her race to marry a Pakeha also making it the first mixed race marriage in NZ. There is even a legend that a VERY famous Maori chief, Hone Heke, loved Pourewa, apparently he was insulted that she married a Pakeha man over him, and as a result had sworn death to them both. However Hone Heke died in the Maori Wars before he could achieve his goal. In Maori culture, regardless of how many races you have in you, if you can track your Whakapapa (genealogy) to an Iwi (tribe) or Tipuna (Ancestor) you are considered Maori and can join the Whanau (family) and become Tangata Whenua (people of the land). So while she may appear physically European (and that’s pretty much just focusing on her skin colour, I can take one look at her and see the Maori side in her features), she is still Maori and is a great inspiration to women, young and old, within our country. Maori women (and maori people in general) are very rarely recognized outside of our own country. SO DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE TRY AND ERASE THAT FROM HER. DON’T YOU DARE SAY SHIT LIKE THAT AND JUST WAVE HER ASIDE. YOU, SOMEONE WHO ISN’T EVEN FROM OUR COUNTRY, LET ALONE OUR CULTURE! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THAT! How about you go and do some PROPER GOD DAMN RESEARCH on these women before you dismiss them.
GODDAMN IT TUMBLR, CAN YOU AT LEAST GIVE US THEIR NAMES?!?!?
- Ching Shih was a prominent pirate in middle Qing China, who terrorized the China Sea in the early 19th century. She commanded over 300 junks manned by 20,000 to 40,000 pirates another estimate has Cheng’s fleet at 1800 and crew at about 80,000— men, women, and even children. She challenged the empires of the time, such as the British, Portuguese and the Qing dynasty. Undefeated, she would become one of China and Asia’s strongest pirates, and one of world history’s most powerful pirates. She was also one of the few pirate captains to retire from piracy.
- Nancy Wake (one of the few white women on this list; of course you put her name on the graphic…)
- Lyudmila Pavlichenko
- Rukhsana Kausar
- The Gulabi gang (gulabi is Hindi for “pink”) was founded by Sampat Pal Devi, a mother of five and former government health worker (as well as a former child bride), as a response to widespread domestic abuse and other violence against women.Gulabis visit abusive husbands and threaten to beat them with laathis (sticks) unless they stop abusing their wives. Al Jazeera reports there are 400,000 members across Northern India.
- Neejra Bhanot was just 22 when terrorists from the Abu Nidal Organization hijacked Pan Am Flight 73, where she was the senior flight purser. After 17 hours (and yes, hiding American passports to protect those passengers), when the hijackers opened fire and set off explosives, Bhanot opened the emergency door and helped a number of passengers escape. She could have been the first to jump out when she opened the door but she decided not and was shot while shielding three children from a hail of bullets. Bhanot was recognized internationally as “the heroine of the hijack” and is the youngest recipient of the Ashok Chakra Award, India’s most prestigious gallantry award for bravery during peace time.
- Zainab Bibi, 42, allegedly told authorities she killed her husband Ahmad Abbas because he tried to sexually assault her 17-year-old daughter from another marriage.
- In September 2006, Susan Kuhnhausen found an intruder in her southeast Portland, OR home. “I saw a man step out of the shadows and he began to hit me in the head and the face with a hammer,” said Kuhnhausen. “I got the hammer and started hitting him with the hammer several times. My father, the carpenter, always taught me a hammer could be used for self defense — the claw end would work the best,” said Kuhnhausen. Kuhnhausen’s husband, Michael, had hired Ed Haffey to kill his wife.
- Seriously, fuck this one. The photo is of Parinya Chareonphol or Nong Thoom who is a kathoey, which many Thai believe to be a third gender (as opposed to the Western idea of ‘transgender’.) After a short time as a Buddhist monk, she took up Muy Thai kickboxing to support her parents and make enough money to pay for her sex-reassignment surgery, and basically kicked ass at it for several years. She was not “constantly made fun of before fights;” the Muy Thai community embraced her and her presence greatly revitalized both media and public interest in the sport, as shown by increased ticket sales and stadium revenue. The movie Beautiful Boxer was made about her, and she has recently acted in Mercury Man as well as continuing to kickbox. So yeah, fuck this one hard.
- Juliane Diller née Koepcke was the only survivor of the LANSA Flight 508 crash in 1971. Despite sustaining a broken collar bone, a deep gash to her right arm, a concussion and an eye injury in the fall, she was able to trek through the dense Amazon jungle for 10 days, until she was rescued by local lumbermen, who subsequently took her by canoe back to civilization. It was later discovered that as many as 14 other passengers also survived the initial fall from the disintegrated plane but were unable to seek help and died while awaiting rescue.
Seriously, guys, this took me like 20 minutes using Google and Wikipedia. These women are real people with real names and real stories. Please don’t reduce them to a picture (most of which came from Wikipedia in the first place oh my god i know you were there) and an “uplifting” story.
Look at these kickass women, and remember their names!!
They are so damn raw